Historic Preservation Commission
The Town of Normal Historic Preservation Commission was established in 1990 and consists of 7 members appointed by the Mayor and Council. The Commission's duties and powers are set forth in Section 15.16 of the Town of Normal Municipal Code and summarized below.
- To identify historically and architecturally significant properties, structures and areas in the Town of Normal
- To recommend designation of properties or structures having special historic, community, or architectural value as "landmarks" or "historic districts"
- To advise and assist owners of landmarks or historic district properties on preservation, renovation, and rehabilitation
- To review Certificate of Appropriateness applications for construction, alteration, removal or demolition projects of proposed or designated landmarks or historic district properties
- To administer the Robert G. Bone Grant Program, which offers financial assistance in the restoration and preservation of eligible, exterior features of locally designated historic properties
- Note: The Robert G. Bone Grant Program is not funded or in operation this fiscal year (April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022)
There are currently 2 openings on the commission. If you are interested in serving on this commission, please fill out an Interest Form. Your information will be kept on file and considered as vacancies arise.
- 12:30 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of each month
- Uptown Station, 3rd Floor Illinois Terminal Conference Room 11 Uptown Circle Normal, IL 61761
- Applications due at the end of each month for the following month's agenda
- Always open to the public
- Free parking in the attached parking deck
|Anne Matter, Chairperson
The Town of Normal is dedicated to providing aids and services leading to effective communication for persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in the Town’s initiatives. If you need assistance accessing or reading materials provided by the Town, please reach out to the Town of Normal ADA Coordinator Greg Troemel at 309-454-9580.